Megabee was a challenge initially just like any website redesign with a fully functioning business because you don’t want mess up the existing website traffic or experience. With an established brand and many existing customers already ordering product it was important any important features that helped the customer journey stayed in place while improving the overall website experience. The initial challenges were:
- The website lacked a professional look and feel as it was built a decade prior from a freelance designer with no prior experience.
- The platform the website was built on was obsolete and very hard to manage (Adobe).
- Client needed a way to streamline processes vs having existing customers find website and pickup the phone to order vs directly
- using the website to complete the process.
- Branding was inconsistent with packaging of product causing confusions to new customers.
- Although the website had some SEO it lack core fundamentals to increase visibility.
Based on the challenges above our team took a deep dive into these core components to solve the issues:
Exploration before designing
Megabee hired us to do an introductory design brainstorm prior to even engaging in the build out of the wesbsite. This enabled us to redesign the color palette entirely and have consistency throughout the website.
Migration To Shopify
Migrating the website to Shopify meant that the client would be able to produce content such as blog posts with ease and also use extensions that supported marketing and the overall business model financials.
SEO & Experimentation
The website and user experience were greatly improved as we conducted thorough research and mapped out the website to rank for specific keywords. We also ran an Adwords campaign to identify how Google would respond to the landing page prior to fully completing the end design.
Our solution was to customize a Shopify website that was:
- Mobile responsive
- Fast loading speed time
- SEO optimized
- Easy for client to use
- Automated via plugins
Rebranding Megabee and focusing not only design but also marketing and core business objectives resulted in:
- Much more bandwidth for Megabee’s team and less manual processing of new orders.
- More traffic finding the product from Google Organic and Google Adwords (higher quality score).
- A new brand that increased conversion rate